Over the past three years, LSA biologists have assisted California Department of Fish and Game (CDFG) with gathering data on the distribution of Mojave ground squirrel (MGS) within their historic range in order to develop habitat suitability models for the species. In 2012, LSA took the lead in organizing the volunteer effort.
“Thank you for providing the report of LSA's trapping work on the volunteer project. And thank you very much for serving as the lead organizer for the effort this year. I know it was a lot of work for you and your colleagues at LSA, but the volunteer effort benefitted all of us who are interested in MGS conservation and ultimately, of course, the squirrels themselves. Good work!”
– Scott Osborn, Staff Environmental Scientist, Statewide Coordinator, California Department of Fish and Game, regarding the volunteer MGS trapping report LSA conducted on Johannesburg/395 Corridor Study Sites, Kern County, California.
“The City of Salinas received separate federal funding awards for projects involving the rehabilitation of two historic buildings: the Southern Pacific Railroad Freight Depot and the Salinas Train Station. The City is currently assembling elements of a historic district as part of a larger multi-modal transportation hub project, which includes the historic depot and station.
LSA was tasked to prepare Section 106 assessment for the rehabilitation of the subject buildings, including Historical/Architectural Surveys and requisite Memoranda that respond to Caltrans and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements. LSA demonstrated their technical expertise and understanding of the process for consideration of projects involving cultural resources. All required analyses were completed on time and LSA staff provided astute guidance for City staff through the relevant phases of the projects.”
- James Serrano, Transportation Planner, City of Salinas, regarding the Salinas Intermodal Transportation Center Project for the City of Salinas.
“LSA is such a great team to work with. They have very knowledgeable staff. They prepared the Cultural Resources Studies for the Salinas Freight Depot Rehab Project, and did such an excellent job delivering the project within its very limited time constraints."
- Josie Lantaca, Assistant Engineer, City of Salinas-Public Works Department, regarding the Salinas Freight Depot Rehabilitation Project for the City of Salinas.
“I appreciate the contribution that each of you made throughout this long process, particularly with the Response to Comments, and compiling a watertight Final IS/MND."
- Michael Rhoades, Senior Planner, City of San Jose, regarding the Watson Park Remedial Action Plan and Master Plan IS/MND for the City of San Jose Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Services.
“I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the great documentation that got us a unanimous vote from the City of Berkeley. We appreciate everything you have done to get this important step completed."
- Shahrazad Junblat, Powell’s Sweet Shoppe, regarding the 3206 College Avenue Planning Services for the City of Berkeley.
“For the past three years, I had the distinct pleasure of having worked with LSA Associates on the 12th Street Reconstruction Project; first on the Environmental Impact Report, then on the extensive federal environmental documents (NEPA process). As the design process nears completion, I welcome the opportunity to provide a recommendation on their behalf.”
- Jose Martinez, CIP Coordinator, City of Oakland, regarding the Measure DD Implementation Project EIR for the City of Oakland. Learn more about this project>>
“I really and truly appreciate the yeoman-like efforts that you and your team put into the project. I know it was really a stretch, but you guys did it and that speaks volumes. Thanks also to everyone at LSA who cranked out a document in far less time than (we) knew possible.”
- Erin McGrath, Project Manager, SF Joint Development Economic and Workforce Development, regarding the San Francisco General Hospital Seismic Compliance Hospital Replacement Program EIR. Learn more about this project>>
“The Vegetation Management Plan and the related EIR is one of the District’s most important projects, ever. We appreciate your work and perseverance on it!”
- Ted Radosevich, District Counsel, East Bay Regional Park District, regarding the East Bay Parks Wildfire Hazard Reduction and RMP and EIR. Learn more about this project>>
“Many thanks to you and the entire LSA project team for a job well done on your work completing the Final RMP for Aliso & Wood Canyons Wilderness Park. Please extend my appreciation to everyone at LSA; and a special thanks to Laura, Shanna, and Deborah for their strong work ethic and professionalism.”
- Joanne Quire, Orange County Parks, regarding the Aliso and Wood Canyon Wilderness Park RMP and IS/MND. Learn more about this project>>
“Thank you very much for your hard work and helping us deliver the Draft EIR for the Lower 74 Widening Project on schedule.
Caltrans was very aware that the schedule was very tight but we also knew that we could not have done it without LSA’s help! We commend LSA’s efforts in quickly responding to Caltrans comments/concerns and providing QC reviews adequately and in a timely manner. It was great team work!
Thank you again for your responsiveness and making Caltrans meet their delivery!”
- Smita Deshpande, Branch Chief, Division of Environmental Analysis, California Department of Transportation District 12, regarding the Draft EIR for the Lower 74 Widening Project.